Thursday 8 March 2012

e.l.f EYELID PRIMER

Hello Foxettes !
This is the e.l.f professional eyelid primer !
The function of this product is to give a base to the eye for applying eye products, making them appear more vibrant, last longer and preventing them from creasing in the folds of the eyelid.
I have small eyes with a deep fold near the tear duct, so eye primers are an important part of my eye make up routine !
I have Urban Decay Primer Potion which is another loved eyelid primer.
For the past few days I have been testing them either side for a review for you !

Is it a good base ?
Yes, from the picture swatch below, you can see the e.l.f primer gives a much more opaque base than the Urban Decay which in my opinion makes the colour look more vibrant !

Does your eyeshadow crease ? 
No, I think this product creases a tad more than the Urban Decay but it doesnt crease as much as with no primer !

Does it make eyeshadow last all day ?
Yes, I think both of the primers are equal on the basis of this question.

Is there a price difference ?
Hell Yes ! , there is a £13 difference !

Which one is your favourite ?
I personally like them both but if I was to recommend a primer to someone that hasn't tried one before or is on a budget I would say the e.l.f, but for someone with make up experience I would say the Urban Decay !


Swatch - Left: e.l.f, Right: Urban Decay.

The e.l.f Eyelid Primer costs £1.50 and is available online.

Have you tried the e.l.f Eyelid Primer ? What is your favourite eyelid primer ?

FoxyU. X

12 comments:

  1. I wish they sold this in Canada. Looks like a great primer.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried an eyelid primer before, will defo give this one a go :) thanks for sharing! xxx

    Emma

    http://teacupsandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want some elf bits!

    thebeautiful-days.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for an eyelid primer as I've never used one before, might have to try this one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great cheaper alternative to UD primer potion xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! Definatly going to try this

    http://harrihairandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will definitely give this a go when my UD one runs out! What a bargain for £1.50! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Elf! Definitely going to try this, my eyeshadows always slide right off xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow a great eyelid primer for cheap?? Yay! Thanks for sharing!

    -Lisa
    thelovelymemoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the elf, works pretty good when you don't need long-lasting primer. If i'm going to use one to last me all day/night though i'll go with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It is a great way to keep cost down on the more expensive primers though, too switch them out depending on the timeframes you need to wear your eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this primer. I've been using it over a year. No creasing and my eyeshadows have lasted for hours with this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have both and I like them equally :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on TWITTER - @foxyuniqueblog
I love to hear from you all !!